Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas Cookies

Let's face it, Christmas time is a very busy time of year (especially for us poor souls who work in retail). I know that I didn't have any time to experiment with fun christmas cookie decorations! Which is why these cookies were so fantastic. They took 15 minutes to bake, 10 minutes to prep, and I just chilled them in the fridge for a couple hours.


You will need:

1 excellent sugar cookie recipe
cinnamon
red and green food coloring

Make your sugar cookies according to the recipe. Like I said earlier, I was in a hurry, so I just used Betty Crocker's cookie mix. Stir in the cinnamon then divide the dough between two bowls. Color one bowl red, one bowl green. GENTLY fold the two into each other, so as not to mix the colors and get an ugly orange-ish color. Refridgerate for a couple hours then scoop the cookie dough onto a cookie sheet and bake according to the recipe. These came out so bright and colorful that everyone was impressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment