Monday, December 20, 2010

Inside Out Stuffed Green Peppers

I love stuffed green peppers. It combines three of my favorite food ingredients, tomato sauce, peppers, and rice. The only thing I don't like about stuffed peppers is the preperation. I'm lazy, and I don't like to bake my food, especially when I'm just going to tear the food apart anyway. So, one day I decided to just make the stuffing and throw some green pepper strips on top. They taste just as good, if not better because the green pepper strips are sauteed rather than steamed.


To make this delicious meal you will need:

2 Links Morningstar Farms Italian Sausage (optional)
1 Green Pepper
1/2 can of diced tomatoes
1/2 cup cooked rice
1 tbsp Italian seasonings
1 tsp sugar

Steam the Italian Sausage (or soysage, as it's known in my house) in a pan for about 9 minutes, turning occasionally. Add the green peppers and sautee until heated through. Add the tomatoes, sugar, and Italian seasonings and simmer about 7 minutes. Throw everything on top of the rice and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment