Thursday, November 11, 2010

Coffee Steak

Yes, I know. It sounds strange. Which is exactly why I didn't tell Brian that I was making it. As far as he was concerned, it was just a regular steak.

So, what made me want to cook coffee steak? Well, apparently there's an excellent recipe in Seattle that specializes in this dish. So, after browsing some recipes, this is what I came up with.


You will need:

1 Steak
Coffee Grounds (I used Folgers Breakfast Blend)
Brown Sugar
Salt + Pepper
1 Tbsp Oil
1 Tbsp Butter

First, season your steak with salt and pepper. Then you'll want to lightly rub on some brown sugar, a good sprinkle is all you need. Next, rub on about twice as much coffee. Make sure you really rub it, or it won't stick to the steak.

While that sits, heat up the oil and butter in a pan until the butter is completely melted. Throw in the steak and cook till done. My steak was pretty thin, so it was only a few minutes on each side.

Brian said it was good, and he would definitely eat it again. Which means I will definitely be cooking again.

No comments:

Post a Comment