Saturday, November 13, 2010

Hot Butterbeer!

It's time for me to confess, I'm a huge Harry Potter fan. Huge. Ginormous. Colossal. I've read every book (the day it came out), seen every movie (the day it came out), and have quite a large Harry Potter collection of various trinkets and treasures. So, it's no surprise that I have midnight tickets to Harry Potter 7 Part One.

I thought that this year, in order to prep myself in the best way possible I would re-watch every movie and try my hand at a few recipes. Starting with this one, Hot Butterbeer!


You will need:

1 cup milk
1 tsp honey
1/4 cup confectioners sugar
1 tsp cornstarch
1 tsp vanilla butter and nut flavoring
whipped cream
butterscotch ice cream topping

Start by getting your self a small saucepan and heating the first four ingredients on medium heat until it starts to boil, making sure to stir it constantly.

Remove the pan from heat and set aside for about a minute. Add the vanilla butter and nut flavoring to your mug. Add the milk mixture and stir well. Top with whipped cream and drizzle the top with the butterscotch topping.

It may not look like a lot, but butterbeer is incredibly rich (and incredibly delicious!). Expect a cold butterbeer recipe later this week, as well as plenty more Potter-themed recipes.

Nox!

EDIT: Cold Butterbeer can easily be made by adding a couple teaspoons of the vanilla butter nut flavoring to a glass of cream soda  and topping with whipped cream and butterscotch. It's good, but not nearly as good as this hot version.

1 comment: