Sunday, November 7, 2010

Pasta Again

There's a reason I named my blog "Natalie's Noodles," actually, there's two. One, my name is Natalie. Two, pasta makes a very frequent appearance at my house. I could eat pasta every night of the week, and some weeks, I do. I make pasta so much that I wouldn't blame Brian for getting sick of it but he hardly ever complains. How do I manage to feed my carnivorous boyfriend pasta multiple times a week? I add meat, and I change the sauce.

Pasta is a wonderful neutral flavored carb that can be paired with virtually any flavor (have you ever heard of Chili Spaghetti?!). Tonight, I decided to experiment with some chicken and came up with garlic lemon chicken and pasta.



To make this citrus-y, garlic-y wonder, you will need:

2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 box of pasta
1/2 cup flour
1 tbsp garlic powder
1/2 tbsp lemon zest
Juice from 1 lemon
Italian herbs and seasonings (Parsley, oregano, thyme, marjoram, etc)
2/3 cup mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup milk
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp oil

Put on a pot of salted water to boil. While you're waiting for that, put the flour, garlic, and Italian seasoning mix into a plastic bag or bowl. Shake it up, add the chicken, shake some more. Add the pasta to the boiling water and cook according to package directions. Pour the oil into a pan and add the chicken. Cook on medium high heat until the chicken is cooked through, flipping once. By this time, your pasta should be done. Drain and return to the pot. Cut your chicken into strips and add to your pasta.

Add the milk, butter, cheese, and lemon juice. Heat on low until the cheese melts down. Garnish with some fresh herbs or lemon peel.

I would have also served this with garlic bread, but I totally forgot that I had put some into the toaster oven and they burnt. Badly. Oops!

No comments:

Post a Comment